February 23 - March 20, 2015.
Thank you for your interest in becoming a Firefighter / Paramedic with the Longview Fire Department.
Please note, during the application period applications will be accepted online ONLY.
The Longview Fire Department offers qualified individuals an opportunity to become a member of a highly skilled professional organization. The Longview Fire Department is committed to developing a vastly qualified, motivated and diverse workforce that reflects the demographics of our community. Longview Fire Department is not a Civil Service Employer.
Application Requirements for Fire Apprentice
- Must be at least 21 years of age at the time of test date
- Must have high school diploma or G.E.D.
- Must have government issued drivers license
Application Requirements for Firefighter (in addition to the above)
- Must have Structural Firefighter Certification from the Texas Commission on Fire Protection
- Must have Paramedic Certification with the Texas Department of State Health Services or the National Registry of Emergency Medical Technicians
For more information contact:
Training Section Chief George Glenn or call 903-237-1209
What began as an all volunteer department of only 35 members in 1881, The Longview Fire Department has now evolved into a progressive team of emergency responders.
Today, the Longview Fire Department has eight fire stations and 169 career members. Fire apparatus includes 7 engines, 3 truck companies, and 5 MICU ambulances. The department serves a population of over 80,000 people and responds to approximately 16,000 emergency calls each year.
The Longview Fire Department’s specialty teams allow its members an opportunity to expand on their areas of interest such as High Angle, Trench, Confined Space, HazMat, and Water Rescue .