2020 Swinging Bridge Road
The City of Longview has partnered with local businesses to offer glass recycling of bottles and jars at several drop-off locations throughout the community. Glass recycling is NOT available for curbside collection at this time. At each location, glass bottles and jars may be deposited into 95-gallon carts with yellow lids; however, other kinds of glass such as lights bulbs, mirrors, and auto glass will not be accepted.
Glass Recycling Drop-Off Locations for bottles and jars:
- Gregg County Precinct 2, 3211 W. Marshall Ave., (behind the building by the dumpsters)
- City of Longview Compost Facility, 2020 Swinging Bridge Road
- Fire Station #2, 708 N. Eastman Road (accessible from Leota St., back side of Fire Station)
- Fire Station #3, 1133 E. Birdsong St.
- Fire Station #7, 2711 Gilmer Road
- Longview Mall, 3500 McCann Road (near food court entrance)
*Please do not put glass into your residential curbside recycling. It is not collected in regular mixed recycling because is dangerous for the workers at the recycling facility. If you are unable to take your glass to the Compost drop off then it must be thrown away. If it is broken, please place in a container to keep shards from cutting Sanitation workers.