PARD aquatics is responsible for the operation and programming of the City’s two municipal swimming pools, one indoor pool and aquatic programming throughout the year.
Outdoor Pool Rules
The indoor swimming pool at Paula Martin Jones Recreation Center is located at 515 West Avalon Street. For more information about this facility, contact Paula Martin Jones Recreation Center at 903-239-5500.
Outdoor Pool Operating Hours
Outdoor pools are closed for the season. The Parks and Recreation Department traditionally opens the pools following Memorial Day.
Longview Swim Center
1111 W. Fairmont St.
1300 N. Tenth St.
Outdoor Pool Admission Rates
Residents of Longview
- Youth $2.00
- Adult $3.00
Non-Residents of Longview
- Youth $3.00
- Adult $4.00
Outdoor Pool Safety Protocols
- Hand sanitizing stations installed.
- Facility will operate in 2-hour session, with cleaning in between sessions. All attendees must exit at the end of each session. Separate admission required for re-entry.
- Individuals 65 and over and those with known high-risk medical conditions are encouraged to avoid visiting recreation centers.
- The City of Longview strongly recommends all individuals wear face coverings, social distance and practice good hygiene. Face coverings will not be permitted for swimmers in the pool.
- Visitors must follow CDC social distancing guidelines. Avoid close contact with those not in your household.
- Social distancing will be enforced both on deck and in the water.
- Individuals are encouraged to bring their own hydration and nutrition.
- Concessions will not be open.
- Social distancing guidelines will be displayed throughout the facility
- Spots will be located front entry and restrooms to indicate 6-foot distancing
- Restroom signage will be displayed to promote safe practices and health guidelines
- Signs indicating “at capacity” or “closed” that can be seen from the parking lot to avoid customers from waiting at the entryway
- Staff will have their temperatures checked before they work
- Staff will carry hand sanitizer and cleaning/sanitizing supplies
- Staff will be required to wear masks and gloves
- One staff member is designated to ensure health protocols are being followed.
- Avoid using the facility if displaying symptoms such as:
- Shortness of breath
- Muscle pain
- Sore throat
- Fever greater than 100.0 degree
- Remain in car until able to enter facility.
- No equipment may be brought into the facility. (Towels, sunscreen, and goggles only)
- Pre-packaged food or drinks may be brought into the facility. No coolers.
- Wash or disinfect hands upon entering the center.