The volunteer process includes:
- Print and complete the Volunteer Application or contact the Volunteer Center for information or hard copy application 903-237-1390. You may scan and email the application.
- Contact the Volunteer Coordinator for an interview.
- Screening Interview are conducted by the Volunteer Coordinator.
- Background checks may be conducted as determined by volunteer opportunity.
- A volunteer may be sent to a City Department for an Assignment Interview.
- Volunteers may have a second Interview by the Department Volunteer Supervisor.
- There is the option for the Department Coordinator and Volunteer to accept or deny the assignment.
- In-person interviews are mandatory for Level II Volunteers and may be required for Level I Volunteers if necessary depending on the volunteer activity.
- If you are applying for the Accessible Parking Enforcement Program you must also include the Longview Police Department Volunteer Application.
- If you are applying for the Community Emergency Response Team you must also include the Longview Gregg County CERT Application.
- Background checks may be required for any volunteer opportunity.
- The City of Longview may change, end, or terminate a volunteer assignment (opportunity or program) at any time.
- Volunteers will have a trial and assessment period.