The Aspire Mentoring Program’s mission is to inspire and encourage young people for leadership through positive relationships. We recruit, screen, and train caring adults to be mentors for youth in kindergarten through 12th grade.
Our culture of excellence begins with communicating clear expectations for our mentors. Based on over 25 years of experience and evidence-based practices, we ask that our mentors:
- Have a caring heart!
- Watch a 10-minute New Mentor Training Video
- Attend a two-hour in-person New Mentor Orientation
- Choose the school district(s) in which they would like to mentor
- Complete necessary background checks
- Attend initial match meeting with mentee, mentee’s family, and Aspire Program Coordinator
- Communicate at least weekly with mentee
- Meet at least four hours/month with mentee
- Make a one-year commitment to the program
- Communicate monthly with assigned Aspire Program Coordinator
- Participate in quarterly update trainings
Being a mentor with Aspire means that you are never on your own! Aspire Program Coordinators provide guidance, support, and encouragement to mentors; plan free monthly activities for mentors and mentees to enjoy together; and check-in with mentors, mentees, and mentees’ families on a regular basis throughout the length of the match.