Applicant Grounds for Disqualification (Partial list)
- Driving record cannot exceed 6 points in a consecutive 3 year period immediately preceding the date of the record check.
Violation Points At-fault vehicle accident 3 Driving without insurance 3 Speeding 3 Stop sign / red light violation 3 Seat Belt violation 3 Driving with expired license 3 All other moving violations 1
- Used marijuana in the last 2 years from date of application.
- Must not admit to the use of any drug in PG 3 or PG 4 of the Texas Controlled Substance Act within the past 36 months, (Penalty Group 3 includes but is not limited to steroids and Xanax).
- Must not admit to the use of any drug in PG 2 of the Texas Controlled Substance Act in the past 24 months without a prescription or while not under medical supervision. (Penalty Group 2 includes but is not limited to: mescaline, psilocybin, DOM, DMT, PCP, TPCP, etc).
- The following will result in immediate disqualification. APPLICANT MAY NOT RE-APPLY.
- Must not have used anydrug in PG 1 of the Texas Controlled Substance Act without a prescription or while not under medical supervision. (Penalty Group 1 includes but is not limited to: opium, heroin, morphine, codeine, cocaine, LSD, hashish, and methamphetamines).
- One (1) experimentation with a PG 1 drug under the age of seventeen (17) , and the sale of a prescription drug under the age of seventeen (17) will be considered on a case-by-case basis with final approval through the Chief of Police. Any use of LSD is a permanent disqualifier due to long-term medical side effects.
- Must not admit to having ever sold marijuana.
- Must not admit to the delivery of more than one (1) ounce of marijuana.
- Must not admit to the illegal manufacture or sale of any drug prohibited by any law of the State of Texas, the sale or manufacture of which is classified as a felony.
- Must not admit to illegal drug use as defined by the City of Longview Drug Abuse Policy.
- No conviction for any Family Violence offense of any degree (TCOLE)
- Never have been or currently on court-ordered community supervision or probation for any criminal offense above the grade of Class B misdemeanor or a Class B misdemeanor within the last ten (10) years (TCOLE)
- Not currently under indictment for any criminal offense (TCOLE)
6. Must not have been terminated by another law enforcement agency because of conduct which violates the rules and regulations of the Longview Police Department that could result in termination of employment.
7. Must not have resigned from another law enforcement agency while under investigation for violation of that agency’s rules and regulations. (Speak with a recruiter).
8. Must not have been married to more than one person at the same time (including common-law relationships).
9. Must have no pending criminal or civil ligation, including divorce or deliberate non-support of a child or former spouse to which the applicant is legally bound to support.
10. An applicant will be disqualified if he/she failed to make restitution for any legal judgment.
11. The applicant admits to being a member of an organization that advocates the violent overthrow of the U.S. Government.
12. The applicant was or is a member of an organization that specifically targets any group of individuals for harassment due to racial or ethnic origin.
13. The applicant admittedly is not willing to work the days and shifts necessary to perform their duties or perform the duties which may include deadly force, regardless of any religious beliefs and theological limitations.
14. The applicant cannot have any visible tattoos, piercings or brandings in any area that cannot be completely covered by the police uniform. Nose and ear gauges will not be permitted.