Interlibrary Loan Requirements:
- Your Library Card must be in good standing (no fines and not expired)
- You may request and borrow up to 5 Interlibrary Loan items at one time
- Items being requested must be older than 1 year
- You may check out a particular title once in a 3-month period
- The libraries that allow the Longview Public Library to borrow their items determine the due date requested items
- If you return an Interlibrary Loan item late, the fine is $0.50 per day per item, up to a max of $20.00
- If borrowed items are lost or damaged, the fines and fees are determined by the lending libraries
- Once you are notified that your Interlibrary Loan Request is available, you will have one week to check out the item before it is sent back to the lending library. It is your responsibility to make sure that all contact information associated with your Library account is correct and current.
IMPORTANT: Online ILL is currently experiencing technical difficulties. Please contact Marjorie Dorn at (903) 237-1349 or firstname.lastname@example.org with all ILL requests. We apologize for any inconvenience!
Requesting Interlibrary Loan Items:
- You may request an item online by clicking "I Agree" above, or you may print the Interlibrary Loan request form, fill it out, and drop it off at the Library's Front Desk. Pre-printed forms are also available at the Front Desk.
- To request an item online, simply click "I Agree," and you will be brought to the Texas Group Catalog to search for the item that you would like.
- Once you have typed in the title or author of the item you would like, click "Go." You will be taken to a list of titles and authors that match your search criteria.
- Click on the title of the item that you would like to request, and if it is the correct one, click "Request Item" on the right side of the page.
- You will be asked to type the name of the library where you would like to pick up your items. Type in "Longview Public Library," or select it from the list, then click "Continue."
- Enter your Library Card number and PIN as the username and password.
- After you have logged in, you will get a summary of what you are requesting.
- You will be required to enter a "Need By Date," which is the expiration date for your request. It must be entered MM/DD/YYYY. After doing this, click "Continue" at the bottom of the page.
- You will then be given a page that tells you that your request was successfully submitted.
- In order to keep track of your requests, you must follow the steps to log in again. After doing so, place your cursor over "Texas Group Catalog" in the top left corner and select "My Requests" from the drop-down menu.
- For privacy reasons, you will be asked to choose your library and log in again. Once you have done so, you will be given a list of your requests.
Questions or comments? Please contact our Interlibrary Loan Librarian, Marjorie Dorn, at (903) 237-1349 or email@example.com!