Creating Your Free Zinio Account
1. Go to Zinio For Libraries or click the picture above.
2. A new browser window will appear. Click on Create New Account (upper right corner of the page). You will be prompted to enter your full Longview Public Library (LPL) card number (no spaces). When you have entered your library card number, click Next.
3. Fill out the form to create your free Zinio account. *Note: passwords must be at least 7 characters and must contain letters and numbers. Then click Create Account. You will now be taken to your personal homepage.
Browsing, Searching, & Checking Out eMagazines
From your personal homepage, you can watch a tutorial video that will show you around Zinio.
1. To see the library’s full magazine collection, click Browse Magazines.
2. Magazines will be listed in alphabetical order. You can use the search box to jump to a specific title or you can use the arrows to browse through the pages of magazines offered.
3. To see an individual magazine, simply click on the cover and you will be taken to that magazine’s “detail” page. On this page, you will see any back issues that are available for checkout as well.
4. Click on Checkout if you wish to read that magazine. There are no checkout periods in Zinio, which means you will always have access to any issues you check out. You can also check the box next to Checkout if you wish to be emailed when the next new issue is available.
5. Once you click Checkout, a pop-up box will appear. You will then have the option to choose Keep Browsing or Start Reading. If you select Start Reading, your magazine will open in a new browser window. To exit the magazine, simply close that window.
10. You can delete issues you have checked out and no longer want from the My (Magazine) Collection page by clicking the trash can icon in the bottom right corner of the magazine cover image.
Customizing Your Zinio Experience
You can set your preferences and personalize your Zinio experience by clicking on the person icon in the top right corner of the page. From there you can access:
My Preferences - select magazines to be notified about
My Magazine Collection - view magazines you've previously checked out
My Account - update your e-mail address; change your password
To return to the Library's collection, click on Browse Magazine Collection.
There is a free mobile app, Zinio For Libraries, available for iPad, iPhone, Android, and Kindle HD/HDX. You can search for it in your device’s app store or use the direct link(s) at the bottom of the My (Magazine) Collection page. You MUST create your free account using a computer first, as the mobile app only allows you to log into an existing Zinio account.
Call us at (903) 237-1350 or come on into the Library with your device and we’ll be happy to help!