- Adult Summer Reading Club
Adult Summer Reading Club
What is Adult Summer Reading Club?
Adult Summer Reading Club is a free program we offer through the months of June and July to all adults ages 18+.
Our goal is to get you reading and to keep promoting reading and learning no matter what age you are!
Often times we see lots of caregivers participate along with their child in the kid's Summer Reading Club!
You are not only enriching your life through this program, but you're also passing on the importance of learning and the library to future generations.
We're celebrating summer "ALL TOGETHER NOW" this year!
Share reading. Share kindness.
By doing so, you also share principles of friendship, unity, diversity, and inclusivity.
And this year we want everyone to share the FUN your library has to offer!
Patron participation and word of mouth is a BIG part of our Adult Summer Reading Club success, so we encourage you to get signed up, and participate in the weekly challenges and events we have to offer!
REGISTERING FOR ADULT SUMMER READING CLUB
• Register online using Beanstack, or come do so in-person at the library front desk.
• Ages 18+ are eligible to sign up for ASRC.
• Pre-registration is May 1 - June 5.
• You must be registered to participate in any of the raffles, giveaways, or challenges.
• You do not need a library card to participate in ASRC, but it is encouraged for you to get one, so you can check out books for the reading challenge! Find out how to get a library card in the "MY ACCOUNT" tab in the upper menu.
Adults who are pre-registered can come into the library to pick up a free "Welcome to Adult SRC" gift bag.
Bags are first come, first serve while supplies last. Each one will include some goodies to get you in the summer mood!
Select bags might also include special prizes like coffee certificates to local shops, digital movie codes, or a gift card!
Will you be a lucky one?!
You asked and we listened!
Adults can now create an account in Beanstack and easily log reading time to earn entries into the weekly raffle drawings and keep track of your progress in one place.
Head to our Beanstack webpage, and follow the easy walkthrough to get signed up.
Please note that if you have used Beanstack to sign up your family in previous Summer Reading Clubs then you will need to remember the previous email and password that was used. If you get any messages and cannot proceed with online signup, then please see us at the front desk for assistance.
Signing up as an individual:
- Select "I am registering myself".
- Only use this option if you have your own email and do not want to be part of a family account.
- You will log in and track independently of anyone else in your family.
- An individual account can't be added to an existing family account without losing progress and prizes earned.
Signing up as a Family:
- Select "I am an adult registering a child" Everyone can access account with same username and password.
- Each member can track progress and earn prizes at their own pace.
- Each member has access to challenges based on their age and grade level.
- Adults do not have to sign themselves up to log progress, they can just have the kid(s) on the family account.
- Adults can participate in Adult challenges and earn prizes.
You'll then be asked to enter in your basic information: Name, phone, email, etc.
For "How Old Are You", choose adult if you're 19+.
For "Grade Level" there will be an option for adult.
When submitted, you'll unlock your very first Beanstack badge and proceed to your Beanstack homepage where you can see your challenges and account status, etc.
REGISTER ONLINE THROUGH BEANSTACK
REGISTER IN PERSON
If you need assistance in registering for ASRC, visit the front desk and staff will be happy to sign you up!
They'll ask for basic information like name, email, phone, etc. and sign you up through Beanstack.
Please note that you don't have to use Beanstack to log your reading.
You will still need to submit paper tickets each week though.
This just keeps your name and information on file to show you're signed up.
WEEKLY READING CHALLENGE RAFFLE
Get rewarded for reading!
We'll have unique basket prizes to give away in a weekly raffle drawing.
When participants log reading online, or submit a paper raffle ticket, their name will be entered into the drawing.
The more you read, the more chances you have to win!
For every 60 minutes of a book read or audiobooks listened to = 1 raffle ticket.
- 120 minutes (or two hours) of reading logged online = 2 entries into the drawing.
- 8 hours (or 480 minutes) of an audiobook listened to = 8 raffle tickets to fill out.
Participants can begin submitting raffle tickets on June 6.
Raffle duration is June 6 - July 17, so we will have 6 drawings total.
• Paper tickets are available at the front desk and ASRC display table. Fill them out and turn them into the box at the display.
• When logging reading time on Beanstack, raffle tickets will be entered automatically after submitting your time. Look for the yellow "Log Reading" button at the top left corner of your Beanstack home page. Click, and follow the steps to log reading time.
• You have until 12:00 PM on each Monday of the week to get your tickets submitted/reading logged before the winner drawing.
• We will draw a winner and announce them via the library's Facebook later that day. The process then resets and you're free to submit tickets for the next weekly drawing.
• We will not take any submissions over the phone or via email.
Share the fun and participate with friends to try and complete our Bookmark Challenge to win a grand prize basket!
Print out the bookmark slips below, or grab one at the ASRC display in the library.
If you've chosen to register and use Beanstack, you can also participate in the Bookmark Challenge listed under your Activity Badges tab.
Once you've checked everything off, bring your slip back to the library and return it at the front desk and your name will be entered into the raffle drawing.
Beanstack users will be entered automatically after they complete all of the activities within the activity badge and earn the activity badge.
Some of these challenges involve reading certain types of books, so be sure to fill out weekly raffle drawing tickets as you go!
Deadline to complete Bookmark Challenge and return slip:
July 17, 2023 by 12:00 PM.
Here's a list of the challenges:
• Visit a local bookstore.
• Eat somewhere local.
• Read a book written by a diverse author.
• Attend a library event.
• Read a book that was translated into English.
• Read a fiction book about kindness.
• Read a book written by a local author.
• Watch a movie about friendship.
• Visit a local attraction.
Adult Summer Reading Club Events
• June 10
3:30 PM - 5:00 PM
Celebrate the start of Adult SRC “All Together Now!” with a BINGO tournament! It’s the perfect occasion to kick back with friends/family for a little fun. We’ll have prize baskets and gift cards to play for. No stampers needed (unless you need it nearby for luck!).
Ages 18+. Free to attend. Spaces/cards are first come, first serve so get here on time!
• June 17
Library Gardening: Butterfly Habitats
11:00 AM - 1:00 PM
In this session of Library Gardening, learn how to begin creating a pollinator garden to invite beautiful butterflies to your plants.
All while crafting a small oasis where they can get a drink! It’s a beautiful addition to any home garden and it supports the environment! Ages 18+. Supplies included, and limited spaces available.
Call (903) 237-1351 or private message us on Facebook to sign up.
• June 24
Mindful Moments: DIY Squishie Stress Balls
1:00 PM - 3:00 PM
Take a moment this summer to be mindful and de-stress!We’ll show you how to make your very own squishie stress ball to carry around and take the edge off when you need it.More importantly, come appreciate the craft and be aware of the process as you make it! Limited spots and supply kits available, so please call (903) 237-1351 or private message us on Facebook to sign up.
• June 29
Silent Library Games
6:30 PM - 8:00 PM
They’re back! And if you missed it last year, don’t miss this extremely popular event this go around!
For those unfamiliar, Silent Library was an MTV game show that was adapted for American television from a segment of the Japanese variety show “Downtown no Gaki no Tsukai ya Arahende!!”
Participants sit around a library table and draw cards. The people who draw the “punishment” card must endure a specified challenge while trying to make as little noise as possible. If the noise level is too high, then the team fails the challenge. If they complete it successfully they are rewarded! We’ll be adapting these games for our enjoyment, and we’ll be playing for prizes. Ages 18+. Teams of 3 - 6 members. Signup required. Call us at (903) 237-1351, or private message us on FB.
• July 6
Adult Craft Day: Embroidered Felt Bookmarks
6:30 PM - 8:30 PM
"All Together Now!” Let’s learn about embroidery!
Create a special, unique bookmark that fits the corner of the book pages while you read and still marks you place!
We’ll also go over various simple stitches and embellishment techniques that will make your bookmarks one-of-a-kind.
No supplies needed unless you want to bring embroidery floss in a color scheme of your choice.
Ages 18+. Sign up and secure your spot today! Call (903) 237-1351 or private message us on FB.
• July 15
Retro Game Day for Adults & Ice Cream Social
3:30 PM - 5:30 PM
Adults, its YOUR turn for a summer reading club - Game Day! Join us for fun, retro style gaming, including video games on the Nintendo Switch. There will also be table top board games, and card games. There will be some games provided, but you can bring your own puzzle, card, board games, and Switches as well! We’ll also be serving up some ice cream and snacks. Free to attend.
Tell you friends and family to plan for a day out!
MEDIA & TUTORIALS
** For all adults & children that want to participate offline, please come register at the desk.
Keep up with all the summer time action and announcements via our social media!