The building is a six-story building, originally built for the McWilliams Furniture Company in 1953. It was designed for ground level retail with office spaces on the upper stories.
The building is an Art Deco Office rectangular building with a concrete foundation, buff brick cladding and flat roof. The building is approximately 45,000 square feet and 50 feet by 150 feet in size. There are nine bays along the Green Street side with three windows within each bay and three bays along the Methvin Street side with four windows in the middle bay and two windows in the other bays. Each bay is flanked by large vertical buff brick piers with Art Deco detailing on the top of the columns and each window is flanked by smaller identical piers. Many of the windows and storefronts have been replaced with more modern fixed pane glass however the openings remain the same.
The McWilliams Hardware & Furniture Company along with local businessmen J.B (Jim) Bond and J.M. (Jimmie) Garrett of Longview and H.P. McGaughey of Gilmer funded the construction of this building. It was designed by architect Martin T. Clements with the firm of Voelcker and Dixon. Voelcker and Dixon were also the architectural firm that designed the Gregg County Courthouse.
The McWilliams Building is listed on the National Register of Historic Places.