July 20, 2021
Maude Cobb Convention Center
100 Grand Blvd.
Longview, TX 75604
$25 / No Charge to LPD Personnel
De-Escalation Techinques: Limiting the Use of Force in Public Interaction - TCOLE #1849
Tuesday, July 20, 2021
During some interactions with the public, de-escalation techniques may be needed. Proper training is helpful to prepare officers since situations such as these may occur from time to time.
This course will cover:
• ICAT Modules for De-Escalation, including the Critical Decision-Making Model (TCOLE Mandated)
• Understanding and Integrating De-Escalation Techniques
• Interacting with people in crisis
• Communications in tactical situations
• Understanding situational awareness and how it relates to de-escalation techniques
? Practical application of certain de-escalation