In 2018, Longview voters approved a bond to fund constructing, renovating, and equipping police and fire stations and relocating the fire and police training center and emergency operations center.
The following is an estimated project description, which is subject to change due to a variety of factors such as availability of funding, engineering requirements, and other considerations.
Police Station: $33.4 Million
- Replace existing police station with new construction facility.
- Conducted Space Study in 2017 to evaluate current and future office space recommendations for the next 35 years.
- Current Facility:
- Originally constructed in 1977.
- Subsequent additions constructed for Public Safety Communications and Training Room.
- In 1977, there were 82 Longview Police Employees
- In 2018, there are 234 Police Employees
- Current total square footage in Police Station is 31,000 square feet, however approximately 4,100 square feet is utilized by Municipal Court.
- Closet and storage areas have been converted to office spaces.
- Currently renting 6,800 square feet in adjacent building for Criminal Investigations Division.
- Currently leasing 2,100 additional square feet at Pine Tree ISD for Special Investigations and Apprehension Unit.
- Proposed Facility:
- Construct new 68,412 square foot multi-story facility on property near existing facility.
- Facility would be designed and constructed according to 2012 Building Code standards for “essential” buildings.
- Municipal Court would remain in existing police station facility.
Please visit our online map of all 3 bond propositions approved by voters in 2018.