The Longview Public Library will be closed beginning Monday, August 9, to allow repairs to the building’s air conditioning system. The building will remain closed until the maintenance work can be completed, which could take two weeks or more.
During the building closure, library staff are working to continue to provide some services and programming to patrons. Curbside library services will be available for drive-thru reservations at the rear of the Library. Storytime and some other planned activities will be shifted to the Longview Arboretum and Nature Center, 706 W. Cotton St. Library book drops will remain open throughout the closure. Digital services and online programming will also remain in operation. Please be aware that the only form of payment available during the closure will be credit cards.
“Unfortunately, we had an unexpected maintenance issue with the Library’s air conditioning system which will require significant repair,” said Library Manager Jennifer Eldridge. “We anticipate that the repair work could take several days to complete. We appreciate everyone’s patience while we get the system fixed, and we invite you to participate in our curbside service and our relocated programs.”
For more information, please contact the library at 903-237-1350 or go to LongviewTexas.gov/Library.
- Patron account must be in good standing, free of blocks and fines.
- Service will be available Monday - Friday, 10:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
- At least 24 hours prior to pick up, patrons can use their online account access via the website or call 903-237-1350 at the times listed above to place holds on items.
- Library staff will notify patrons when items are available to be picked up.
- Drive around to the back of the building, call the number listed on the outside sign, which is 903-291-5276. Stay in your vehicle and do not turn the vehicle off. Have library card on hand and ready.
- Staff will bring the pre-ordered library items to you.